How To Get More Craft Sales Online - RCF Workshop 2
28 September 2017, 1pm - 5pm
New Art Exchange
How to get more craft sales online.
A workshop programme with Patricia van den Akker – Director of The Design Trust
Do you want to sell your crafts online but feel overwhelmed by what's involved and you don't really know where to start?
Maybe you have a website or Etsy shop already, but you want to get more sales as it's not really working right now?
Do you need to improve your website and online sales with better images, texts and branding? Do you need to get more visitors and ultimately sales? This series of three workshops is for you!
In 3 interlinked sessions Patricia will take you step-by-step from the different online selling options to how to improve your website or online shop, from branding your site to attracting the right clients for you and stand out from the competition, to driving traffic and turning interest into sales.
At the end of each session you will get practical homework exercises to put your new knowledge and skills immediately to use, and to get professional feedback and accountability too at the next session.
It's the perfect time of the year to do this workshop series, so that you will be more ready for the busy Christmas season and can reap the benefits straight away!
Workshop 2: Creating a brand for your website or online shop – Thursday 28 September from 1pm – 5pm
In this 2nd session we will focus on branding and writing, with plenty of practical and creative exercises:
• What is branding really? And why is it important to have an (online) brand?
• How will you stand out and how can you share your personality more in your online presence?
• You will select your own core branding values, which will be at the heart of developing your brand. We will be doing some great creative exercises to help you get to the essence of your brand.
• Then we will look at all aspects of your creative business and identify ideas and actions to make your brand values come alive. From your products and collections, to your images, colours, packaging, texts and much more. You will start to select your own colours, fonts, images and tone of voice. Patricia will share loads of visual examples too for you to learn from.
• How to tell your story and why story telling is so important for small creative businesses. You will start to write your 'about me' page in a more authentic and creative way.
• And we finish the day with how to write product descriptions that get you found and sell your work.
• Your homework after this session will be to finish your 'about me page' and two product pages (including images and product descriptions).