SUPPORTING EXCELLENCE THROUGH ACCESS AND EQUITY IN THE ARTS
Are you interested in exhibiting at NAE?
The NAE EXHIBIT programme is to become a platform which supports the showcase of the most talented, innovative and visionary curators, contemporary visual artists and creative practitioners with a socially engaged focus within their practice, working with any medium. Given NAE’s key mission, stimulating new perspectives on the value of diversity in art and society we are supporting work centered around the Global Ethnic Majority*
EXHIBIT will also allow the exhibiting artists to engage with NAE’s audiences and diverse communities through public engagement opportunities where they can take part and participate in NAE’s wider activity programme.
EXHIBIT will make space for contemporary visual practitioners including artists, curators, writers, activists, designers, architects, with proposals to inhabit and exhibit in NAE’s main gallery.
Through this process, NAE will select two exhibitions to be hosted in its Main Gallery during the Autumn and Winter of 24/25.
To make your application, please go to https://zealous.co/naeexhibit2023/opportunity/EXHIBIT-Expressions-of-Interest-1/
If you have questions or need support in making your application, or need additional access requirements, please contact: [email protected] or call 0115 9248630 within office hours.
- £25,000 is invested in each exhibition and will go towards the artist fee and any costs of materials, equipment, build, installation and production of work during the exhibition. A detailed budget will be led and developed by NAE’s Head Curator to deliver the proposed exhibition.
- Regular 1-2-1 sessions and ongoing communication with relevant NAE staff.
- Mentoring and/or Coaching opportunities with relevant NAE staff if required.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in public engagement activities as part of your exhibition when relevant. This will be discussed and explored before the exhibition.
KEY DATES FOR Expressions of Interest:
Stage 1 (EOI):
- Online submission portal opens: 5 July 2023
- Online submissions portal closes: 25 August 2023
- Notification by email: 7 September 2023
Stage 2 (Full Application):
- Portal opens for full application submissions: 7 September 2023
- Deadline for full submission: 13 October 2023
- Confirmation of successful candidates: 7 November 2023
*NAE defines Global Ethnic Majority as a collective term that refers to people who are Black, Asian, Brown, dual heritage, indigenous to the global south, and or have been racialised as ethnic minorities.
EXAMPLES OF A FEW PAST EXHIBITIONS AT NAE