NAE celebrated its fifth birthday! Thanks to all who contributed to the night, and all those our featured on our video which reflected on five years of New Art Exchange.
Here are a few of NAE’s major acheivements since opening its doors in 2008:
• We have presented an internationally renowned programme which has included: Rashid Rana, Christian Marclay and Elizabeth Price (as part of British Art Show 7), Zineb Sedira, Leo Asemota, Hetain Patel, Basel Abbas, Raghu Rai, Hurvin Anderson (Art Now, Tate Britain), John Akomfrah (of Smoking Dogs).
• Our first major commission, Zineb Sedir’s ‘Floating Coffins’ was bought by Tate in 2011.
• Not Necessarily in the Right Order is our 50th Exhibition launched at NAE
• Over 740,000 people visited NAE and viewed one of our exhibitions or one of our touring shows
• Over 23,000 participations in our education/learning programme
• Employed 3,500 artists since 2008
• Presented Hetain Patel at TED Global in 2013
• One of the first UK cultural venues to be selected for Google Cultural Institute
• Lead on two major Nottingham cultural festivals – Mela and Ishraqah
• Over £8 million invested in the city of Nottingham since 2008
** Click the vodcast box below to see a video of representatives from various sectors reflect on the past five years of New Art Exchange (NAE). For the full version of this video please go to: